Monday, January 7, 2008

ABRUPTUM - Evil Genius CD review


ABRUPTUM - Evil Genius CD

True story, I was playing this CD at work during Metal Monday Nights. It was after 11 PM so that's when I allow all HELL to break loose as far as the musical selections go. So I was locking up the front door when I saw a woman outside at the bus stop. It was cold that night so I opened up the door and shoutedout to her, asking if she would like to wait for the bus inside the bar. Well she was all happy about that so she came inside and waited by the window. Now I remind you that this CD was playing at the time. ABRUPTUM were a Swedish Black
Metal band from the 90s that even MAYHEM's Euronymous thought was pure fuckin evil. And let me add this important fact, the lady waiting for the bus was this big fat black woman.

Now I went into the kitchen to tell my friend Chris, the bartender, that I let this woman inside because it was cold outside. And as I turned to go back outside to the bar I just started laughing my ass off. I turned to Chris and reminded him of the music which was playing. Then he started laughing and after a minute or two I finally went back outside. So I see that the woman is gone. I figured she saw her bus coming and left. But when I looked out, there she was standing in the street. So from that point on I just yelled to Chris, telling him what was going on with this woman. Yes she was in the street and a bus did come. she practically ran out in front of it to flag it down. Hey I doubt it was the bus she even
wanted. She probably wanted any bus just to get her away from the "Devil Bar". Oh yeah, I bet she was telling the driver to stop at a church, any church even a catholic church just to get the devil off of her.

Yeah well ABRUPTUM will do that to the weak ones. This here CD is a compilation of their ABRUPTUM-90:"Hextum Galaem Zeloq" and "The Satanist Tunes" cassette only releases and their 7"er "Evil", plus "De Profundis Mors Vas Consumet" their tribute to Euronymous.All of which were done from 1990 and 91. Yes we are talking about some of the worst Radio Shack quality recorded filth and hatred ever put out to the masses. While their brethren in Norway were actually creating Black Metal music, ABRUPTUM (aka: IT and ALL, later replaced by EVIL) were into a more avant garde/ambient sound that was plodding destructively. As far as it being
considered "ambient" by today's standards, maybe you should ask that black woman who ran out scared for her immortal soul. I'm serious, this is not for all of you weak teenagers who think wearing corpses paint and running around your basement screaming "Hail Satan" when your parents are not at home.

This CD is pure evil to say the least. While I know there will be people reviewing this, trying to describe something they have no earthly clue about. "What genre should pure evil be put in?" I'm pretty sure the evil dwarf and his co-conspirator wanted nothing more then to piss people off. Which is why I like playing this to unsuspecting listeners. You should too!!!!!
Southern Lord Records

No comments: