Tuesday, February 5, 2008

LIMBONIC ART - Legacy of Evil CD review

LIMBONIC ART - Legacy of Evil CD
I was listening to this the other night while doing some research on the web (Warning: you cannot get much work done while listening to LIMBONIC ART) and wondered if I had reviewed this one yet. After checking the official site I realized that I hadn't and I've been enjoying it since early January. What I like about this Norwegian duo's return to form is that this CD is a step back to the Black Metal heyday of the 90s. The three year hiatus that Daemon and Morfeus took has paid off for fans. The song structures are in constant shift. There's a good mix of moody
cuts paired off with maniacal faster blasts of hate. There's a good sounding symphonic charactor but the keyboards on here are kept in the background because the riffs are so fucking overwelming. Daemon's vocals are as sharp as a razor. I
recommend waking up to this in the morning, that's if you live alone in a house and not in an apartment. Otherwise you will drive people insane by playing this loudly at off hours.

"Lycanthropic Tales" has to be my favorite cut on here, for obvious reasons of course. The song simply explodes out of your speakers. I wonder what Ipod wearer's facial expressions look like while listening to this and walking down crowded sidewalks? Personally I believe they would have a seriously twisted look to them. Like a baseball size maggot was chewing it's way out of their brain cavity. Then there's "Infernal Phantom Kingdom" that contains the vengeful lines, "Evil has a way of returning. You cannot hide from Hell's eye. It is always burning." Don't we all
feel that way sometimes when we encounter schmucks on myspace who think they can't be hurt. When I listen to this I can picture some faceless myspace pussy typing some poison e-mail towards me. And seconds after the loser punches "send" a ghostly aparition of my hand reaches out from their monitor and clutches their throat, crushing their pencil neck. It's just a thought, by the way did I mention that my astral projection training is coming along quite well?

Yes this whole release is truly evil and has contributed to my own personal nasty immagination. Think about this sick idea. Wouldn't it be fun to slip into some snotty nosed mall brat's bedroom one night. And while the little twit is dreaming about what childish things to type on the Myspace Is For Metal Forum site. You remove their precious crap CD (place your most hated mall rat type band here) and replace it with LIMBONIC ART's "Legacy of Evil". In the morning when the little shit wakes up and pushes the play button it'll either drive them insane enough to dive head first out their bedroom window (suicide is for the weak ones even if it's
encouraged by music) or the child will be converted to music that actually matters. So what will you be listening to tommorrow morning, hmmmm?
CANDLELIGHT RECORDS

http://www.candlelightrecordsusa.com
http://www.myspace.com/limbonicart



No comments: